Irish ISP to offer F-Secure SAFE to home and business customers.
Digiweb and F-Secure today announce a partnership that offers online safety and protection to Digiweb’s Broadband customer base. This new collaboration provides F-Secures Award winning Security Products to Digiweb’s home and small business customers free for six months.
Digiweb has partnered with F-Secure to offer its customers protection for the entire family, with parental controls, banking protection, safe browsing along with award winning anti-virus protection being offered free for six months.
The F-Secure product will be available to Digiweb’s home and business customers immediately.
Declan Campbell, Managing Director, Digiweb commented: “Providing a safer internet experience for families is a theme we’ve been developing over the past few years, this started when we selected a Fibre Broadband route which offers parents the ability to limit their children’s Internet access and is now being backed-up with this F-Secure offering.”
“Internet security now plays a large role in the telecoms industry,” added Allen Scott, managing director at F-Secure UK & Ireland.” Customers are looking to their internet supplier to help keep them safe online. With F-Secure SAFE and Digiweb working together, they can be assured that they can trust the internet.”
The key features of F-Secure SAFE are:
- Parental controls: Enables parents to keep their children safe by allowing them to control what type of online content is accessible.
- Anti-virus: Files and applications are scanned automatically to prevent infection from trojans, viruses, spyware and malware. Notifications will be received immediately upon detection of malicious threats or applications.
- Banking protection: Gives added security for online banking, including protection against phishing attempts that try to capture your personal information, e.g. fake banking sites or unsafe web stores.
- Safe browser: Blocks any known malicious websites.
- Safe contacts: Call and text message filtering to block unwanted or nuisance calls and texts.
- Anti- theft: Remotely lock or wipe data from the phone in the event of loss or theft. It allows the user to locate the phone through an easy-to-use personal portal.
* F-Secure SAFE anti-virus technology has been awarded the Best Protection award from independent test house AV-Test.org in 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014.
Digiweb Limited, part of the Digiweb Group, provides broadband and telephone solutions for residential and small business customers across Ireland and Belgium. Digiweb has an extensive portfolio of leading voice, fibre broadband and satellite broadband services with its wholly owned fibre infrastructure. Digiweb owns and operates Ireland’s largest alternative last-mile access network.
Information about Digweb Ltd. can be found at www.digiweb.ie. For further information please call 1800 28 58 28.
F-Secure has been defending tens of millions of people around the globe from digital threats for over 25 years. Our award-winning products protect people and companies against everything from crimeware to corporate cyberattacks, and are available from over 6000 resellers and 200 operators in more than 40 countries. We’re on a mission to help people connect safely with the world around them, so join the movement and switch on freedom!
Founded in 1988, F-Secure is listed on NASDAQ OMX Helsinki Ltd.
F-Secure media relations
Ifrah Samanter, Press Officer, F-Secure UK & Ireland
T: 01628 535533