Source: EU Networks
Dublin, Ireland –20th November–euNetworks, (SGX: H23.SI), owner and operator of Europe’s highest capacity fibre network and provider of mission critical infrastructure and services, today announced that it has concluded an agreement with Digiweb, one of Ireland’s largest voice and data providers. Under the terms of the agreement EuNetworks will deploy a 14O kilometre metropolitan fibre network in Dublin, Ireland over which Digiweb will enable their rapidly expanding customer base with a range of broadband services.
Digiweb is a provider of high speed voice and data solutions, using a range of technologies such as Wireless, DSL and satellite, who required a flexible and scalable backbone fibre infrastructure, over which to deliver their broadband and voice services to both business and residential customers.
The private fibre network deployed by euNetworks, which is in excess of 140km, redundantly links the new Digiweb Technology Campus hosting facility in Blanchardstown, Dublin, with all major datacenters in Dublin and all major Business and
Corporate parks. The self-healing ring configuration ensures the highest levels of security, reliability and performance. Digiweb will also utilise their Dublin private fibre network to connect the local telephone exchanges within the city to enable LLU (Local loop unbundling). As Digiweb expands throughout Europe, euNetworks, as Europe’s highest capacity network provider, is uniquely positioned to continue to deliver such a high density network solution on both a local and pan European basis.
John Quinn, Head of Strategy at Digiweb, commented: “The growth of our business critically depends upon reliability and quality of service to our customers. Having complete ownership of our own dark fibre ring in Dublin provides us with a carrier class fully meshed infrastructure solution, which can also scale in line with our expansion plans.
EuNetworks was of the very few providers positioned to offer us our own private fibre solution which allied to our national and European growth plans, meant that the simplicity and cost efficiency of dealing with one single provider under one single Service Level Agreement was very compelling.”
“Digiweb was resolute that it needed the utmost reliability and scalability in its fibre technology provider for Dublin,” said Matt Brennan, European Sales Director, euNetworks.
“We are also pleased to be connecting to Digiweb’s new Datacenter to enable true carrier neutral connectivity to the range of Digweb’s corporate hosting customers”.
- Digiweb Slash Cost of Doing Business Online
- Digiweb – No 1 Irish Hosting Company
- Digiweb releases Chatterbox and Talk services nationwide
- CentralR Check in with Digiweb
- MyWeb Your Way - Create Amazing Websites in 3 Easy Steps
- Register Your Name .IE - Personal Domain Name
- Last chance for .IE domains - only €29.99!
- Wicklow Online for Metro Broadband
- Are You a Great Developer ? New Position Available at Digiweb
- Symmetrical High Capacity Broadband Introduced Throughout Ireland
- Digiweb Drive Speed Increase with 10Mb Business Broadband
- Line Rental Increases Affect Broadband Takeup
- Digiweb launch www.nolinerental.ie
- Digiweb launch Ireland's most cost effective broadband & voice package
- Digiweb to use e-net for national fibre services
- Choosing The Best Broadband For Your Home